We are currently seeking a highly energetic and motivated Technical Officer (System Administration) to join our fast-growing team. The appointee will be responsible for system administration, day-to-day IT operations and support for the Center. The appointee will report to a team leader or his delegates and may work closely with the research and administrative team.
- Perform system administration, including system setup and configuration, software installation, patch upgrade, system monitoring and health check
- Responsible for system troubleshooting and performance turning
- Manage capacity monitoring on system and applications
- Plan, implement, maintain and support hardware, software and technology solutions for the Center
- Manage/ Assist in IT documentation
- Perform any other duties as assigned by team leader or his delegates
- Degree holder in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- At least 2 years practical experience in Azure and Linux system administration and shell scripting
- Hands-on experience in managing servers, routers, switches, storage, and firewall
- Experience in Cloud or Cyber security is preferable
- Sound knowledge / experience in IT project management is an advantage
- Strong organization, analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Medical and dental benefits as well as annual leave will be provided. Appointment will be offered on a contract basis, renewable subject to mutual agreement and performance.
Applicants should submit their up-to-date CV and cover letter with salary expectation and availability. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the results of their applications. Review of applications will commence shortly and continue until the position is filled.
The information provided will be kept confidential and be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.