We are seeking for a highly energetic and motivated Research Assistant to join our Cell Biology team at Hong Kong Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, based at the Hong Kong Science Park. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to actively participate and contribute to the research and development of novel strategies for high-throughput imaging-based drug discovery. The appointee will assist in research in the area of biologic drug development. Training will be provided as needed in laboratory techniques such as that involves in vitro cell culture, protein separation, purification, and identification using cutting-edge technologies.
- Small- and large-scale tissue culture.
- Perform various cell treatments such as virus-mediated gene expression.
- Perform phenotyping assays including western blot, RT-qPCR, etc.
- Handling of large volumes of conditioned media for preparation of biologics libraries.
- Implement and optimize protocols for protein separation and purification using liquid chromatography techniques.
- Sample preparation for protein identification using mass-spectrometry.
- Maintain complete and accurate records, laboratory documentation and electronic files.
- Present and discuss results of experiments within the project team.
- Collaboration with other multidisciplinary teams to achieve common goals.
- Lab maintenance, i.e. ordering supplies, general upkeep, etc.
- Preparation of technical reports, summaries and quantitative analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/Biomedical Sciences or related field.
- Willing to work hours during weekdays and weekends depending on experimental needs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, team-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in cell biology- and molecular biology-based laboratory techniques is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
A highly competitive salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience in addition to medical and dental benefits as well as annual leave. The appointment will be offered a renewable one-year contract, subject to mutual agreement and performance.
Applicants should submit their up-to-date CV and cover letter with salary expectation and availability. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the results of their applications. Review of applications will commence shortly and continue until the position is filled.
The information provided will be kept confidential and be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.