The appointee will support various research projects by conducting computational analyses. This is an excellent opportunity to immerse oneself into an inter-disciplinary field that brings together information technology with biology.
- Analyze data sets using existing open-source tools
- Develop and deploy custom-made scripts or programs that integrate with other tools
- Maintain good records of the analyses performed
- Attend project meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Interest in the field of life sciences would be beneficial but prior knowledge in this area is not required
- Knowledge of Linux-based systems and shell scripting, with additional programming skills including Perl, Python, and R
- Good organizational skills with an appreciation of software engineering practices and the ability to work independently are required
- Familiarity with the administration of Linux systems including troubleshooting software installation, deployment, and execution would be an asset
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in English
Salary and Benefits
A highly competitive salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience in addition to medical and dental benefits as well as annual leave. The appointment will be offered a one-year contract, renewable subject to mutual agreement and performance.
Applicants should submit their up-to-date CV and cover letter with salary expectation and availability. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the results of their applications. Review of applications will commence shortly and continue until the position is filled.
The information provided will be kept confidential and be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.