We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team in developing workflows and toolsets for various cores in the Center. This is an excellent opportunity to immerse oneself into an inter-disciplinary field that brings together technology with biology.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of laboratory facility with a wide range of sophisticated scientific instruments/platforms, such as mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, confocal microscopy, next-generation sequencing, cell sorting, automated single-cell imaging and picking system, automated quantitative multiplex imaging system, automated digital immunoassay
- Develop standard operation procedures and training sessions for lab users
- Assist in purchase, inventory and maintenance of instrument/platforms
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisors
- A bachelor’s degree or higher degree in biological sciences or related disciplines
- Experience in working in life science core facility or hands-on experience in the area(s) above
- With strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and fast learning
- Be able to communicate effectively in Cantonese, English and Mandarin
Salary and Benefits
A highly competitive salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience in addition to medical and dental benefits as well as annual leave. The appointment will be offered on a contract basis, renewable subject to mutual agreement and performance.
Applicants should submit their up-to-date CV and cover letter with salary expectation and availability. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the results of their applications. Review of applications will commence shortly and continue until the position is filled.
The information provided will be kept confidential and be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.