Hong Kong Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (HKCeND) is an interdisciplinary research institute that aims to carry out cutting-edge high-impact molecular neuroscience, genetic and clinical research in characterizing the mechanistic underpinnings of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in the Chinese population.
We are looking for highly motivated Research Assistant(s)/Associate(s) to join our Drug Discovery team. The candidate(s) will actively participate in and contribute to the research and development of novel strategies for drug discovery. The appointee will assist in the generation of reporter cell lines, Antisense Oligonucleotide (ASO) screening, and genome editing. Training will be provided as needed in laboratory techniques, which include cell culture, genome editing, establishment of reporter cell lines and immunoassays.
- Small- and large-scale tissue culture.
- Perform various cell treatments and drug screening in cell lines.
- Perform genome editing and generate reporter cell lines.
- Perform phenotyping assays including western blotting, qRT-PCR, ELISA, luciferase assays etc.
- Undertake any necessary training as required, to attain and provide technical expertise.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of the experimental data and analyses performed.
- Present and discuss research progress and results within the team.
- Perform general project administrative tasks, such as maintaining general upkeep, equipment and stocks of supplies for research use.
- Support the preparation of technical reports and quantitative analyses.
We Offer You
- On-the-job training.
- Mentoring and training as part of an active research environment at HKCeND and HKUST.
- Professional development with career opportunities and training within a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
For Research Assistant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology / Molecular Biology / Biochemistry / Biomedical Sciences or related field.
- Experience in cell culture and molecular biology-related laboratory techniques preferred.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, team-oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
For Research Associate:
- PhD in Biology / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Biomedical Sciences or related field.
- Research experience in biochemistry, drug discovery and development is a plus.
- Strong passion and commitment to science.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to plan and perform drug screening experiments and analyse/interpret data.
Salary and Benefits
A highly competitive salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience in addition to medical and dental benefits as well as annual leave. The appointment will be offered a renewable one-year contract, subject to mutual agreement and performance.
Applicants should submit their up-to-date CV and cover letter with salary expectation and availability. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the results of their applications. Review of applications will commence shortly and continue until the position is filled.
The information provided will be kept confidential and be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.